Mama Lynnie's Place

A place where a middle-aged, gone-to-seed housewife can sort herself out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Been a While, Hasn't It?

Well, here I am again. And it's December, already. Where has the time gone? The same place it always goes, I suppose. Over the Green Hill and Far Away.

I wish I could say that I have deep new insights into the Meaning of Life, the State of the World, or even just How Things Are Now. I don't, not really. But I have learned a couple of things:

  • There is great truth to that line from a country-western song, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."
  • When you get an impression that you should do something, do it. There's a reason.
  • I really can rise to meet the urgent demands of the occasion.
  • The world is full of very good, very kind people, and I've been blessed when they've crossed my path in time of need.
  • I need to organize myself better to accomplish more. I have Important Things to do, and I'd best be about them.
I'll revise and extend these remarks later, but just now, the printer's finished producing the annual Christmas letter, and I'd best get started on the next Christmas task.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mer said...

You're my hero

9:01 PM, December 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home