Kuri Can't Count
He entitled this 43 Questions.
1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my mother's girlhood friend Mary Chugg Patterson, and my parents' close friend Marilyn Nielson. But only because my parents couldn't agree to name me after themselves. When my sister was born the following year, they resolved their argument and named her Darla Genee. Because I was born on Flag Day, my grandmother suggested they name me Iris, but I'm rather glad they didn't. I'd hate to go through life as a bad pun.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday. But today bids fair to call forth more tears.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
I do, unless I'm in scribble-hurry.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
In my younger days, I loved that bologna studded with green olives, but my adult taste runs to pastrami.
5. Do you have kids?
Yes, indeed. And GRANDSONS!
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
I think so.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
More than I should.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Nope. They came out the week before I started high school. I nearly bled to death in the process.
9. Would you bungee jump?
Why not?
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Sugar Pops. Or Maltomeal, depending.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Sometimes.
12. Do you think you are strong?
Nope. Just strong willed.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Old favorite: Raspberry Ripple. New favorite: Younger Son's decadent homemade dark chocolate.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their faces.
15. Red or pink?
Deep, dark red.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
My addiction to computer solitaire games.
17. Who do you miss the most?
Always Frank.
18. Do you want everyone to send (link) this back to you?
As you wish.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Shoes? Sweat pants are soft blue.
20. What was the last thing you ate?
A small piece of Older Son's devils food birthday cake.
21. What are you listening to right now?
The 60 cycle hum of the fluorescent lights in my quilting studio.
22. If you where a crayon, what color would you be?
I generally put crayons of all colors in the box. Used to put them in the large crayon can, but we gave that 30 year collection to the ward nursery leader when we moved two years ago. If I were a crayon, however, I'd probably be midnight blue.
23. Favorite smells?
Homebaked bread, freshly bathed grandsons, Frank's pillow.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My brother JD last night.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Sure. He's always good for a political argument.
26. Favorite sports to watch?
The Grandsons' rousing games of Calvin ball.
27. Hair color?
Still listed as brown on my drivers license, but grayer and grayer
28. Eye color?
Hazel
29. Do you wear contacts?
Nope, though heaven knows I tried.
30. Favorite food?
Raspberries. Or lobster.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings.
32. Last movie you watched?
Amazing Grace, Friday afternoon while I wrote out Christmas cards.
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Blue
34. Summer or winter?
Autumn, actually, but summer over winter. I don't do snow.
35. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on who's kissing.
36. Favorite dessert?
Fresh raspberry pie.
37. What book are you reading now?
Been too busy the last couple of weeks to read much of anything.
38. What is on your mouse pad?
An old ad for WAMU radio back in DC.
39. What did you watch on TV last night?
Football with Older Son, the Grandsons and Their Father
40. Favorite sound?
Frank's voice.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
If I have to choose, I guess the Beatles.
41. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Seoul.
42. Do you have a special talent?
A few, I suppose.
43. Where were you born?
Logan, Utah
44. What time is it now?
7:23 a.m.
1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, my mother's girlhood friend Mary Chugg Patterson, and my parents' close friend Marilyn Nielson. But only because my parents couldn't agree to name me after themselves. When my sister was born the following year, they resolved their argument and named her Darla Genee. Because I was born on Flag Day, my grandmother suggested they name me Iris, but I'm rather glad they didn't. I'd hate to go through life as a bad pun.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday. But today bids fair to call forth more tears.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
I do, unless I'm in scribble-hurry.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
In my younger days, I loved that bologna studded with green olives, but my adult taste runs to pastrami.
5. Do you have kids?
Yes, indeed. And GRANDSONS!
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
I think so.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
More than I should.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Nope. They came out the week before I started high school. I nearly bled to death in the process.
9. Would you bungee jump?
Why not?
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Sugar Pops. Or Maltomeal, depending.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Sometimes.
12. Do you think you are strong?
Nope. Just strong willed.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Old favorite: Raspberry Ripple. New favorite: Younger Son's decadent homemade dark chocolate.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their faces.
15. Red or pink?
Deep, dark red.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
My addiction to computer solitaire games.
17. Who do you miss the most?
Always Frank.
18. Do you want everyone to send (link) this back to you?
As you wish.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Shoes? Sweat pants are soft blue.
20. What was the last thing you ate?
A small piece of Older Son's devils food birthday cake.
21. What are you listening to right now?
The 60 cycle hum of the fluorescent lights in my quilting studio.
22. If you where a crayon, what color would you be?
I generally put crayons of all colors in the box. Used to put them in the large crayon can, but we gave that 30 year collection to the ward nursery leader when we moved two years ago. If I were a crayon, however, I'd probably be midnight blue.
23. Favorite smells?
Homebaked bread, freshly bathed grandsons, Frank's pillow.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My brother JD last night.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Sure. He's always good for a political argument.
26. Favorite sports to watch?
The Grandsons' rousing games of Calvin ball.
27. Hair color?
Still listed as brown on my drivers license, but grayer and grayer
28. Eye color?
Hazel
29. Do you wear contacts?
Nope, though heaven knows I tried.
30. Favorite food?
Raspberries. Or lobster.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings.
32. Last movie you watched?
Amazing Grace, Friday afternoon while I wrote out Christmas cards.
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Blue
34. Summer or winter?
Autumn, actually, but summer over winter. I don't do snow.
35. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on who's kissing.
36. Favorite dessert?
Fresh raspberry pie.
37. What book are you reading now?
Been too busy the last couple of weeks to read much of anything.
38. What is on your mouse pad?
An old ad for WAMU radio back in DC.
39. What did you watch on TV last night?
Football with Older Son, the Grandsons and Their Father
40. Favorite sound?
Frank's voice.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
If I have to choose, I guess the Beatles.
41. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Seoul.
42. Do you have a special talent?
A few, I suppose.
43. Where were you born?
Logan, Utah
44. What time is it now?
7:23 a.m.


1 Comments:
Forty-four sounded like too many, so I thought it would encourage people if I said 43. Yeah, that's it.
Post a Comment
<< Home